Psychotherapy comes in many forms, and my particular form is highly interactive conversation. Here's what we'll do, in a nutshell:
- As we talk, I notice ways in which you may unwittingly be getting farther from what you need, rather than closer.
- We explore how it makes sense that you do it that way. People tend to have good reasons, and are often unaware of them.
- You decide if your current strategy of thinking or behaving might be hurting you more than it's helping.
- If so, we come up with changes you can make. In essence, I help you to re-tool so that your approach - the way you treat yourself and the way you interact with others - brings you within reach of what you want and need.
- I help you put the changes into action, at a pace that works for you. We look at how you can incorporate these new strategies throughout your life.
- You have now increased your capacity to get what you need and want - so you feel better. And you're better equipped to handle the challenges ahead - the ones you choose, and the ones life hands you.
Individual therapy is available in 50 minute or 80 minute sessions.